The Makefile, Project, and Workspace Creator is a tool used to simplify the creation of build tool files, supporting a variety of platforms.
MPC was developed by OCI to assist with maintaining software designed to build on many platforms, it now ships with dozens of templates to simplify the creation of build files for a variety of projects. MPC will generate Makefiles, NMake, Visual Studio versions from 2003 through 2014, Borland Make, and others. MPC supports projects using C++, Embedded C++, C#, Java, and Visual Basic.
Visit our Github for:
- License Terms
- The MPC project file is a collection of source files (or projects) that make up a single build target.
- MPC takes platform specific input along with the build tool-generic files and generates build tool-specific project files by using a framework-based approach that supports 1) Inheritance from common base projects, and 2) Default values for many aspects of a project.
Benefits of using MPC:
- MPC is free open source software (FOSS), which means no vendor lock-in and maximum user control. There are no license fees whatsoever. And the full source code available (also at no cost).
- MPC uses simple syntax for ease of use and maintenance
- MPC allows for extensibility for adding custom features or support for new build tools
- MPC uses a scripting language (OO Perl) for rapid development, portability, and ease of automation