The Makefile, Project, and Workspace Creator is a tool used to simplify the creation of build tool files, supporting a variety of platforms.
MPC was developed by OCI to assist with maintaining software designed to build on many platforms; it now ships with dozens of templates to simplify the creation of build files for a variety of projects. MPC will generate Makefiles, NMake, Visual Studio versions from 2003 through 2014, Borland Make, and others. MPC supports projects using C++, Embedded C++, C#, Java, and Visual Basic.
Visit our Github for:
- The MPC project file is a collection of source files (or projects) that make up a single build target.
- MPC takes platform specific input along with the build tool-generic files and generates build tool-specific project files by using a framework-based approach that supports 1) Inheritance from common base projects, and 2) Default values for many aspects of a project.
Benefits of using MPC:
- MPC is free open source software (FOSS), which means no vendor lock-in and maximum user control. There are no license fees whatsoever, and the full source code is available at no cost.
- MPC uses simple syntax for ease of use and maintenance.
- MPC allows for extensibility for adding custom features or support for new build tools.
- MPC uses a scripting language (OO Perl) for rapid development, portability, and ease of automation.